Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: General Manager
To manage on a day to day basis the manufacture and delivery of all customers’ requirements. This will be achieved through the effective utilisation of labour, machines and materials while adhering to company health, safety and quality standards.
- Organise, direct and run day-to-day operations to match/exceed our customers’ expectations as planned with Supply Chain/Logistics Manager.
- In conjunction with HSEQ Manager that quality standards are maintained and that all products manufactured meet quality criteria.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager ensure that TPM and maintenance programme is carried out.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping and facilities management.
- In conjunction with HSEQ Manager ensure that safety standards to meet current legislation and ensure the safety of all employees are maintained.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimise productivity, minimise overtime and maximise efficiency with necessary ongoing corrective actions as required. As part of this lead the introduction of Lean.
- Recruit, manage and develop staff as required, address employees’ issues or grievances and carry appraisals on an annual basis.
- In conjunction with the GM/MD ensure that there is effective communication to achieve a common focus and direction.
- In conjunction with MD/GM develop annual budgets and that these budgets are achieved.
Note: This is an outline of key tasks, it is not exhaustive and will be revised and updated as required on an ongoing basis.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a precision engineering environment where there is a strong emphasis on high quality.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Have a formal qualification in business, engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience of managing a production or manufacturing team.
It is expected that as a natural part of the development of the team in DPF that all managers will act in a professional manner when dealing with each other/other employees, attend meetings on time and treat all company information with the required level of confidentiality.
Email us to discuss opportunities or send us in your CV.