Position: Maintenance Fitter.
Reports To: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Overall Definition of Role:
To have responsibility for identifying, conducting and or overseeing all maintenance and repair of equipment and site facilities.
It is expected that as a natural part of the development of the team in DPF that all employees will act in a professional manner when dealing with each other, customers, suppliers, attend meetings on time and treat all company information with the required level of confidentiality.
- Complete breakdown repairs, preventative maintenance activities to all equipment on site.
- Works with production team to ensure product produced is of a suitable quality.
- Ensures equipment is operational and available to meet production requirements of the business.
- Identifies spare parts required and alerts Maintenance supervisor when parts are not available.
- Performs final quality inspections and sign-off as required for goods leaving work area.
- Conducts machine inspections/preventative maintenance activities and reports back any faults identified.
- Completes quality checks and ensures that quality inspections/gauging are being completed as required.
- Providing emergency breakdown repairs.
- Undertaking preventative maintenance tasks.
- New installations of equipment.
- Continuous improvement and modifications to existing systems.
- Equipment monitoring
- Forklift Licence.
Note: This is an outline of key tasks, is not exhaustive and will be revised/updated as required on an on-going basis but at least quarterly.
- Mechanical Fitter/Trade qualification.
- Previous experience as a maintenance fitter within a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Mechanical problem-solving expertise.
- Be able to work at heights.
- Ability to work weekend days as required.
- Knowledge of PLC ‘s operations and basic knowledge of pneumatics.
- Identify electrical faults.
Email us to discuss this opportunity or fill out the form below, attaching your CV.